Monday 14 August 2017

Review - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll


Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Published May 28th 2008 by Random House UK
Star Rating - ***.5
Goodreads Challenge - 45/50
Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge - An author who uses a pseudonym.

Synopsis from Goodreads   

On a boring summer afternoon, the bright and inquisitive Alice follows a white rabbit down a rabbit-hole. At the bottom, she finds herself immersed in a bizarre world full of strange creatures and bizarre goings-on. She tries pills and potions, and attends a very strange tea party and croquet match. An immensely witty mix of satire, puzzles, and drama, this is one of literature’s most astute depictions of the experience of childhood.

My Thoughts  

I was inspired to pick up Alice's Adventures in Wonderland after reading Heartless by Marissa Meyer and I'm glad I did although I think I would of appreciated the references in Heartless more if I has read this beforehand rather than after.

I haven't read many classics apart from those I had to read in school, I find them quite intimidating and I worry that I will get lost or won't understand the story, but as this is a children's classic I thought I would be okay. I enjoyed reading this I thought it was a very whimsical story and the way Lewis Carroll wrote the book was quite fun. I remember trying to read this as a child and not being able to get through it but I defiantly appreciate it more now as an adult. I find I can understand the way Lewis Carroll writes more now than I could back then. As I said before I haven't read many classics so I find them quite hard to review as I don't have much to compare them to but overall I did enjoy the story.
 


Overall Rating (3.5*s)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment