Thursday 3 August 2017

July Wrap Up

Just for July I'm going to combine my wrap up and my haul in one post. In the future I hope to do separate posts for each of these things but we shall see how we go. For now lets kick off with what I read in July.



I only read 4 books in July which is slightly less then I've been averaging per month but July was really busy for me so I'm happy with what I read. Summaries listed below from highest rated to lowest. I endeavor to review all the books I read both on Goodreads and on this blog so I will link any reviews alongside.


Heartless by Marissa Meyer
Published February 9th 2017 by Macmillan Children's Books
Star Rating - *****
Goodreads Challenge - 43/50
Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge - A best seller from 2016.
Review - Goodreads Review




Cinder by Marissa Meyer (Lunar Chronicles #1)
Published  January 5th 2012 by Puffin
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 46/50
Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge - A book from a non-human perspective.
Review - Goodreads Review




Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
Published May 28th 2008 by Random House UK
Star Rating - ***.5
Goodreads Challenge -  45/50
Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge - An author who uses a pseudonym.
Review - Goodreads Review  




Fairest of All: A Tale of the Wicked Queen by Serena Valentino 
Published August 18th 2009 by Disney Press
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 44/50
Popsugar 2017 Reading Challenge A book with a subtitle. 
Review - Goodreads Review  




So that's it for my July wrap up. As you can see I enjoyed all of the books that I read this month, my obvious favorite though being Heartless. Hopefully my August reading will be better which it should be as I'm away for two weeks in August and I always read more on holiday. So now moving onto a brief summery of the books I bought in July. 


I bought 12 books in July which is actually quite a lot for me. I discovered the books for trade UK # on Twitter this month so I think that may have contributed to the excessive buying. So the books I have acquired this month are as follows...

The Program by Suzanne Young
The Treatment by Suzanne Young
A Whole New World by Liz Braswell
Once Upon a Dream by Liz Braswell
The Testing by Joelle Charbonneau
Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau
Graduation Day by Joelle Charbonneau
A Thousand Nights by E. K. Johnston
Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer 

I'm really looking forward to all of these but mostly Daughter of the Pirate King and Flame in the Mist so hopefully I can get to these soon.

Phew! Finally we come to the end. Sorry for the excessively long post but as I said at the beginning from next month I'm planning on splitting my hauls and my wrap ups into separate posts so they should be a more reasonable size. That being said thanks for sticking with me and please let me know all about the books you read and acquired this month. I look forward to hearing from you. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment