Sunday 1 October 2017

September Wrap Up

September was an okay reading month for me. Last month I read 13 books which is above and beyond what I usually read, but this month I went back to work (primary teacher) so I was back to my usual level of reading. I managed to finish 6 books in the month of September and I am in the middle of 2 more, one of which I hope to finish tonight. So here are all of the books I read in September in order from highest to lowest rated. 








The Scarecrow Queen by Melinda Sailsbury
Published 2nd March by Scholastic Press
Star Rating - ****.5
Goodreads Challenge - 64/50
Review - Goodreads Review





  

The Secrets You Keep by Kate White
Published 11th September 2017 by Canelo
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 63/50
Review - Blog Review 





  

The Body in the Marsh by Nick Louth
Published 25th September 2017 by Canelo
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 65/50
Review - Blog Review 





  

Trapped in Silver by Emily Sowden
Published 7th February 2017 by Oftomes
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 61/60
Review - Blog Review  







Whispers Underground by Ben Aaronovitch 
Published 21st June 2012 by Gollancz
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 62/50 
Review - Goodreads Review 







A Jigsaw of Fire and Stars by Yaba Badoe
Published 7th September 2017 by Zephyr
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 60/50
Review - Blog Review 






Currently Reading

The Last Animal by Abby Geni 
Heartshire High by Charlotte Leonetti 

So as you can see I had a pretty good reading month in terms of ratings and enjoyment in September. I'm also super happy because I managed to complete my first every TBR!! 

I'll be back soon with my October TBR and by September book haul. In the mean time what did you read this month? Let me know. 

 

5 comments:

  1. I hate when my adult responsibilities get in the way of my reading. Good luck this school year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THRITEEN BOOKS??! �� That's amazing, Gemma! ���� And all these look sooo tempting that I added them to my tbr right away.����

    Hope October will be even more fun and productive. ����

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see a jigsaw of Fire and Stars I get so excited! It's so dang pretty! I am glad you had such a gre reading no th!

    ReplyDelete