Wednesday 30 May 2018

I'm back!! Review - The Call by Peadar O' Guilin

I'm back guys! I've been MIA for about 3 months and I'm really sorry. I'm not quite sure what happened to be honest. I think I got into quite a bad reading slump and there I stayed not reading or interacting with the bookish world in anyway for 3 whole months and it makes me sad. But...I'm back now! Back reading, back reviewing and (hopefully) back blogging regularly. So, I'm coming back to you now with some reviews of some recent reads so watch this space for several reviews over the coming week. 

28600081

The Call by Peadar O' Guilin
Published 30th August 2016 by Scholastic 
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 7/75

Synopsis (from Goodreads)

Imagine a world where you might disappear any minute, only to find yourself alone in a grey sickly land, with more horrors in it than you would ever wish to know about. And then you hear a horn and you know that whoever lives in this hell has got your scent and the hunt has already begun.

Could you survive the Call?

Review

I've had this one on my shelf for a while and I was in to mood for something a little darker so I thought I'd pick this up. I'm actually enjoying picking books off of my shelf that take my fancy and this was a good pick. 

I really enjoyed this one I found it fast paced and gripping and I read it really quickly. It was a dark and gruesome story so not one for the squeamish however, I didn't find it particularly scary as others seem to have done. 

There's also some positive disabled rep in this book which I thought was great. The main character had Polio and now struggles to walk but this didn't stop her from wanting to achieve the same as everyone else. Her determination was admirable. 

Overall and enjoyable, fast paced read that kept me hooked until the very end.

Overall Rating 



1 comment:

  1. Fab review :)
    I thought it was so gruesome, and I think that's what made it scary for me. I'm so squeamish my toes were curled while I was reading.
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete