Wednesday 31 October 2018

Top 5 Wednesday - Favourite Villains

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme where you discuss your 'top 5' in a variety of different topics on, guess what, a Wednesday. Full list of topics and more information can be found here on the Goodreads group. 

This is my first time doing Top 5 Wednesday and I'm hoping to keep this as a regularly scheduled thing on my blog. This weeks topic wasn't really me so I thought I would jump into one of the many back list topics for my first post, top 5 villains. 

Any manifestation of the Sea Witch or Ursula and in this case The Sea Queen from To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo. 

34499221

There's just something about an evil entity that lives deep underwater that just makes it even more sinister. 

Bellatrix Lastrange from the Harry Potter series. 

464164

I'm sure Harry Potter characters are on a lot of peoples lists but for me it's Bellatrix. She's just completely and utterly crazy!

The Sleeping Prince from The Sin Eaters Daughter trilogy

The Sin Eater’s Daughter (The Sin Eater’s Daughter, #1)

The Sleeping Prince was just evil. He was twisted and sadistic, I loved him!

Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles 

Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1)

I loved Queen Levana's character. She was a bit of an unknown, unless you read her novella your not quite sure why shes so evil but she is. 

The Darkling from The Grisha trilogy

Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1)

Another one that's probably on a lot of peoples lists. There was just something so compelling about The Darkling that made you want to love him. 

I'd love to read about your top 5 favourite villains. Link your posts or comment down below and I'll check them out. 



15 comments:

  1. Ahh Bellatrix is such a good villain! I think my favorite HP villain though is Dolores Umbridge...she's just evil to the core!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo yes Umbridge is evil! JK Rowling does a good job at writing villainous characters.

      Delete
    2. I agree with Mandi - Dolores was vile

      Delete
  2. Bellatrix is such a good villian! I haven't read any of the others but To Kill a Kingdom is high up on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend To Kill a Kingdom it's one of my favourite books of this year.

      Delete
  3. Those are some awesome villains you put on the list! I recently created a top 10 villains list in my Top Ten Tuesday article, it's to be found on the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. To Kill a Kingdom is a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bellatrix was a fantastic villain and I thought Helena Bonham Carter was the perfect choice to play her in the film's! Great choices

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She definitely was I love Helena Bonham Carter I think she's great.

      Delete
  6. You have picked 5 villains I have yet had the privilege of meeting, hopefully soon though they will cross my mind

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post, ahh yes Queen Levana she was really an amazing villain I loved her as a villain as well. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete