Saturday 3 November 2018

September/October Wrap Up

So because I hardly read anything in September due to both moving house and having a baby I thought I'm wrapping up both my September reading and my October reading in the same post. All together I finished 5 books, one in September and four in October. I have reviewed them all on my Goodreads and I will link my blog reviews here for all of the books when they go live. So, in order from worst to best, here are the books I finished over the last couple of months. 


Meddling Kids

Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero
Published 1st April 2018 by Titan Publishing Group
Star Rating - **.5
Goodreads Challenge - 28/50
Review - Blog Review

The Arsonist

The Arsonist by Stephanie Oakes
Published 22nd August 2017 by Dial Books
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 24/50

The Shadow Year

The Shadow Year by Hannah Richell
Published 26th September 2013 by Orion Books
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 26/50

Garrison Girl

Garrison Girl by Rachel Aaron 
Published 7th August 2018 by Quirk Books
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 27/50
Review - Blog Review

A Curse So Dark and Lonely

A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer
Published 29th January 2019 by Bloomsbury Children's
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 25/50
Review - Blog Review

18498558

Bird Box by Josh Malerman
Published 13th May 2014 by Ecco
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 29/50
Review - Goodreads Review 


So, as you can see I've had a fairly average couple of months, my favourite read being A Curse so Dark and Lonely. This was exactly what I needed to get me back into reading. 

What was your favourite read of October? I'd love to hear. 




18 comments:

  1. Lovely picks! I've been debating if I should read A Curse so Dark and Lovely. I think I might add it to my TBR. Hope November is a great reading month for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you managed to read quite some books with the moving and baby in between haha. I'm curious to read your a Curse so Dark and Lonely review! I loved that book so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of any of these but I'll be looking into them now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all new to me - thanx for the info

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are doing really well. I have to work on my reading from next year. I'm planning to read more and write less as I feel I'm not reading the right books.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of Bird Box. I don't think I have the patience for it though. I may try it because it comes highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of these and will check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new baby! Meddling Kids is on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on your new baby. Great reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow that's a lot of books considered you moved and had a baby! Congrats on both!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new baby! What a beautiful blessing.
    Looks like you had a good couple of reading months!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am surprised you got that much read between moving and having a baby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congratulations first of all on your baby!! and the move as well..
    regarding the reads, i have not read any of these but the curse book sounds like one i might pick up

    ReplyDelete
  14. That seems like a good reading month to me! My fave book this month was Unapologetic by Charlene Carruthers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome list! I think my favorite read of October was a beta I read... Also Undeniable by Rebecca Royce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, I've been dying to read Bird Box for a long time now because of the film that will come out on Netflix soon, but also I want to get my hands on A Curse so Dark and Lonely by Brigid Kemmerer when it comes out. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo I didn't know they were making a film I'll definitely have to check that out.

      Delete