Saturday 1 December 2018

November Wrap Up Mythothon Edition

I can't believe it's December already, this year has gone super quick! But, we're not here to talk about the end of the year just yet, were here to talk about what I read in November. 

Last month I took part in the Mythothon which was a month long readathon. Check out some of my earlier posts for more details. I did okay I managed to read 7 books and I'm halfway through 2 others and they covered 7 out of the 25 prompts. 7 books in a month is actually quite good for me so I was pleased with my achievement. 

Here is my wrap up of the books I read in November.


36657860

Frankenstein in Baghdad by Ahmed Saadawi
Published 1st February 2018 by Oneworld
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 30/50
Review - Goodreads Review 
Mythothon Prompt - Echidna Mother of Monsters - a book about monsters

The Tell-Tale Heart

The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe (Penguin Little Black Classic)
Published 26th February 2015 by Penguin Classics (first published 1843)
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 31/50
Mythothon Prompt - Persephone Goddess of the underworld and springtime - a book under 200 pages

1778908

Stardust by Neil Gaiman 
My edition was published 4th October 2007 by Headline Review
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 36/50 
Review - Goodreads Review 
Mythothon Prompt - The Hydra. Multiheaded Serpent - a book with multiple POVs

24874358

The Robber Bridegroom by The Brothers Grimm (Penguin Little Black Classic)
Published 25th February 2015 by Penguin Classics (First Published 1812)
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 34/50
Mythothon Prompt - Gaia Primordial Earth Goddess - a book published more than 5 years ago (the originals were published in the 1800s) 

40227609

The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night by Jen Campbell
Published 2nd November 2017 by Two Roads
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 32/50
Review - Blog Review 
Mythothon Prompt - Apollo God of Prophesy, Plague and Poetry - a poetry or short story collection

33294200

The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo 
Published 6th March 2018 by HarperTeen
Star Rating - *****
Goodreads Challenge - 35/50
Review - Blog Review 
Mythothon Prompt - Dionysus god of wine - a 2018 release

Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)

Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
Published 22nd October 2015 by Oneworld Publications
Star Rating - *****
Goodreads Challenge - 33/50
Review - Blog Review
Mythothon Prompt - Zeus King of the Gods. God of the Sky - a book over 400 pages

So not only did I read a few more books this month but I also had 2 five star reads. So all in all I had a really successful reading month.

How many books did you read this month? What was your favourite?





7 comments:

  1. My reading list seems so bland compared to yours! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great selection! I probably do not have time or room for more books, but I will try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read Jen Campbell's book it was super strange. The others look good too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've had a great reading month! I came across the Illuminae review before and I'm so glad you liked it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and congrats on your great reading month in November I really didn't do good in reading in November but I hope I can get back up in December. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete