Saturday 5 January 2019

2019 Reading Goals

Happy New Year everyone! Who can believe we are in 2019 already. 2018 was a great year for me, even though I didn't read as much as I normally do, and I've already talked about this in previous posts which you can check out if you'd like. I'm hoping that 2019 will be just as great if not better, with a whole host of great reading and blogging experiences to boot. 

In today's post I will be talking about my reading and blogging goals for 2019. Last year I discovered that I don't do well with restrictive goals. I can't stick to specific TBRs or challenges as I like to have freedom in what I read, so this year I'll only be setting myself a couple of loose goals that I hope I'll be able to stick to for the duration of the year. 

Goodreads Goal

Every year I set myself a Goodreads goal as I know most readers do. I usually set my challenge to 50 books and can often meet this or even exceed it. As discussed in previous posts last year I didn't quite make it but I'm still setting my goal to 50 books as I'm hoping I'll do better in 2019. 

AtoZ Reading Challenge 

2019 Challenge cohosted

This year I'm planning to take part in the AtoZ Reading Challenge hosted by Ginger Mom and Company, you can find out more about this challenge and how to sign up here. My aim for this is to read a book for each letter of the alphabet. I'm not setting myself a TBR I'm just going to fit my reads in where I can and then become a bit more specific as we near the end of the year to fill in the rest of the letters. I'll be listing my reads in a separate post and updating it throughout the year.

Blogging Goals

Finally for my blogging goal I'm just hoping to keep up with my current schedule as a minimum amount of posts. Any extra would be a bonus. I would really love to take part in a blogging challenge such as Blogtober or Blogmas but I'm not going to commit to that just yet as my maternity leave would of finished then and I'll be back at work. My current schedule that I'd like to keep up with is as follows...

  • Monday - Mailbox Monday Meme
  • Wednesday - Top 5 Wednesday
  • Friday - review of some kind
  • Saturday/Sunday - other post e.g. wrap up, tag etc. 
So there we have my reading and blogging goals for 2019. Nothing to ambitious or restrictive but something to aim towards. 

What are your reading or blogging goals for 2019? I'd love to hear about them. 


12 comments:

  1. I hope you'll be able to complete all these goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you've set yourself some good goals to achieve this year. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the challenges - I'll be watching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your challenges. I don't do any except the Goodreads one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! I'm also participating in to A To Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with your reading and blogging goals, Gemma! I miss the time when I can still read 50 books. 😭😂

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking forward to your scheduled posts.. and All the best!.. I am trying to up my review count this year..

    ReplyDelete
  8. You’ve set some great goals this year!!
    Goodreads is one I want to do myself as well and in my bookish planner, there’s an A to Z challenge, so I’m going to try to complete in it but it isn’t a priority since I’m also participating in the Beat the Backlist. So there’s a lot going on haha but hopefully I can combine a lot of books with all three challenges. Good luck and I hope you’ll be able to succeed!

    I've set some reading and blogging goals for myself as well this year - my article went online yesterday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck with your reading and blogging goals, Gemma! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are so excited you're adding our challenge to your list for 2019! Good luck on all your goals :) I'm not setting a Goodreads one this year, just because I never do it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete