Monday 7 January 2019

Mailbox Monday - Weekly Book Post

Mailbox Monday is a weekly meme that was started by Marcia of To Be Continued. The aim is simple, for people to share what books they received in their mailbox that week. To check out everyone else's posts head over to the Mailbox Monday blog.

This week will be my post Christmas haul so a few more books than normal. 


These Rebel Waves by Sara Raasch and The Wizards of Once by Cressida Cowell


I bought both of these from Waterstones with my Christmas money. These Rebel Waves was one of my most anticipated releases from last year and The Wizards of Once was in the sale for £5. 

The Wicked King by Holly Black


I was lucky enough to win a copy of this one from Readers First. It's one of my most anticipated releases of this year so I will be reading this one next. 

Gemina and Obsidio by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff


I had some money on my Waterstones loyalty card so I used it to pick up the rest of this series as I read Illuminae at the end of last year and loved it. 

The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton


I received this from a books for trade through Twitter. 

Have you read any of these? Which ones should I get to first? 

I'd love to hear about the books you received for Christmas. 


14 comments:

  1. The Price Guide to the Occult I have read. It is a strange read but fully enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning a copy of The Wicked King by Holly Black. Looks like you did some good sales shopping too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read any of those, but happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not familiar with any of the books except for Holly Black one.. I am envious that you won a copy! Have fun with it.. Do tell us how you find it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven’t read any of these but I hope you enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHHHH YOU ARE SO LUCKY! I can't wait for The Wicked King!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get The Wicked King Tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Wicked King! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have several titles I am looking forward to: The Wicked King and Gemina and Obsidio. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the win! All of these are ones I love or have on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That’s a great haul you got there!
    Heard great things about the Cressida Cowell books!
These rebel waves… I started it but couldn’t get hooked. Maybe it wasn’t the right time, so I’ll try again in the future. And I’m curious to see what you’ll think of Gemina and Obsidio! I think that series is just fan-freaking-tastic! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I bought the Illuminae series last year. I actually went in to buy the first book but when I saw they had signed editions I just had to buy the whole three. Now just have to find time to read them.

    ReplyDelete