Wednesday 2 January 2019

Top 5 Wednesday - 2019 Reading Resolutions

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme where you discuss your 'top 5' in a variety of different topics on, guess what, a Wednesday. Full list of topics and more information can be found here on the Goodreads group. 

This weeks Top 5 Wednesday topic is your top 5 2019 reading resolutions. I'm already planning a more in depth post about my reading and blogging goals for 2019 so for now here's a quick list of my reading resolutions for 2019. 

1. To read 50 books - this is what I have my Goodreads goal set to and hopefully I can achieve this this year. 

2. To complete the AtoZ Reading Challenge - this is a challenge hosted by Ginger Mom and Company. You can find out more about this challenge in my 2019 reading goals post on Saturday. 

3. To stop buying so many books and read the ones I already own - this is probably going to be on many peoples lists I'm sure. I don't want to put myself on a book buying ban as I know I won't be able to stick to it but I would really like to get through some of my owned TBR. 

4. To use my library more - This links in with the above goal and my final one. I really want to use my library more. This way I can have access to lots of different books without making my owned TBR any bigger. 

5. To complete the series I have on my TBR - I'm really bad at this. I either don't start the series I have because I don't have all the books or, I wait to long to pick up the next books that I have forgotten what happens in the first one. I'm hoping that by trying to use my library more I'll be able to get through some of the series I have on my TBR. 

Extra Goal: Don't be afraid to DNF books - I never DNF books and that's something I want to change this year. If I'm not enjoying something I need to put it down and move onto something else. I have too many books to force myself to read something I'm not enjoying. 

So there are my top 5 (6) reading resolutions in a nutshell. Sorry its a bit rushed but as I said I do have a 2019 reading and blogging goals post coming out on Saturday so please check that out if you would like to know more. 

What are your 2019 goals? I'd love to hear about them. 


1 comment:

  1. Yes, fully embrace your library! I feel better about DNFing books and am more likely to pick up books I might not like if they are library books vs. if I spent the money buying them.

    ReplyDelete