Wednesday 13 February 2019

Top 5 Wednesday - Independent Ladies


Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme where you discuss your 'top 5' in a variety of different topics on, guess what, a Wednesday. Full list of topics and more information can be found here on the Goodreads group.

This weeks Top 5 Wednesday topic is your top 5 independent leading ladies who aren't distracted by their love interest. This is such an interesting topic and I'm excited to share my picks with you. 

Annabeth Chase from The Percy Jackson Series

893172

I love Annabeth. I love how smart, knowledgeable and independent she is. She focuses on her quest and doesn't let anybody get in her way, not even Percy. 

Jude from The Cruel Prince/The Wicked King by Holly Black

26032825

Jude is definitely an independent lady that doesn't let anything or anyone get in the way of her goal. She's determined to find her place in the world without the help of anyone although, she does find Carden to be an unlikely ally in more ways than one. 

Felicity from The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue

29283884

Felicity doesn't want to settle down and worry about boys like she should be doing at this time in history. All she cares about is learning and finding opportunities to study. I haven't read her story yet in The Ladies Guide to Petticoats and Piracy but I'm sure she grows into even more of an independent woman in this one. 

Harper from A Curse so Dark and Lonely 


Although Harper did gradually develop feelings for Rhen this didn't stop her from fighting for what she wanted. She wanted to go home and nothing was going to stop her. 

Kady from Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff

Illuminae (The Illuminae Files, #1)

The last one on this list is a little bit different as Kady's boyfriend Ezra is one of her main motivators in this story however, she does not let her feelings for him get in the way of what needs to be done. 

I'm sure there are a lot more independent leading ladies that I have read about but these are 5 of my most recent. 

I'd love to hear about your top 5 independent leading ladies. 


5 comments:

  1. I am so excited to read the book about Felicity since TGGTVAV was so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo Linsdell- Feliciani is a big fan of Percy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! I love Jude and Kady they are so amazing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your choices. I've not read any of them but a few have been on my radar for a while.

    ReplyDelete