Wednesday 24 April 2019

Top 5 Wednesday - Rainy Day Reads


Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme where you discuss your 'top 5' in a variety of different topics on, guess what, a Wednesday. Full list of topics and more information can be found here on the Goodreads group.

This weeks topic is your top 5 rainy day reads. I don't really read based on the season or weather, I'm much more of a mood reader. However, I do associate cold and rainy weather with fantasy books so, for this post I'm going to be recommending you my top 5 favourite most recent fantasy reads. 

Music and Malice in Hurricane Town by Alex Bell

43442435

This is my most recent 5 star read. I loved this book, I found it so compelling, I couldn't put it down. It's more supernatural than full on fantasy to be honest but there's magic so it counts. 

Nevernight by Jay Kristoff

30969076

Another 5 star read for me. I loved how complex the world was and the characters were so bad ass. I'm super excited to continue with this series. 

Once & Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy

43236080

This was a 4 star read. Probably more sci-fi than fantasy but it's a retelling of King Arthur so I'm including it here. I enjoyed this one. I particularly loved the characters, how they interacted with each other and the diversity was fantastic. 

The Ruin of Kings by Jenn Lyons

39876677

Another 4 star read and my first ever adult fantasy read. It's safe to say I'll be reading more of this genre. Another very complex story with a unique writing style which I enjoyed. 

The Wicked King by Holly Black

26032887

This was my first 5 star read of the year. Holly Black is one of my favourite authors and this has quickly become one of my favourite series. I love everything about it and that ending! I can't wait for the final book. 

So these are my top 5 fantasy books for this year so far and fantasy is the genre I relate with rainy days. I have reviewed all of these books on my blog so if your interesting in any of them you can check out my full thoughts. 

What books do you associate with rainy days? I love to know. 



9 comments:

  1. I loved Nevernight, and although I didn't think of it as a rainy day read before, it does kind of gives me that vibe. And yas gurl, I never see this book featured anywhere it deserves more love!
    I read The Cruel Prince earlier this year and I loved it and I can't wait to read The Wicked King! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waiting for the last book in the Wicked King series to start reading it. I can't stand cliffhangers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read any of them and they all look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant list for some perfect rainy day reads ��

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the Wicked King. Once & Future and Nevernight are still on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any of these! Will need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It’s been sunny the past few days, but I haven’t read any of these and will keep them in mind! 😉

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wicked King is the only one I've even HEARD of, now I have to go get all the others too! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete