Wednesday 4 September 2019

My Reading Week - 26/08/19


Welcome back to my reading week. In these posts I will be sharing with you all of the bookish things that happen to me over the week. What I've been reading, my thoughts and any book post I receive. 

This week is the last week of my school holiday meaning I will be back to work next week. I plan to finish off my current reads this week ready to start September with a new TBR. 


Books Read

45320283. sy475

I really enjoyed this one. I've not read the Lady Trent series that's a prerequisite of this book but now I really want to. I really enjoyed the writing style and the way the story was structured in letters and diary entries. I think people who have read the previous series will be at a bit of an advantage as they will have a more solid understanding of the world and the cultures but that didn't hinder my enjoyment.

45299352. sy475


This started off really promising, I really enjoyed most of the stories in the first half. However, there were a few in the second half that I didn't really gel with which was a shame. If your an Alice in Wonderland fan though I would recommend this one as there are some really interesting takes on the tale.

Currently Reading

32055872. sy475

Not much to say on this one at the moment as I'm not very far in but I already know I'm probably going to love and hate this book all at the same time!

Pages Read

Turning Darkness Into Light - 225
Wonderland - 212
Godsgrave - 69

TOTAL PAGES - 506

Books Bought/Received 

3322866

The Painted Man by Peter V. Brett - Facebook trade

10 comments:

  1. Seems like you had a pretty good week! I am excited to see what you think of Godsgrave! Enjoy!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a good week! I also adore the cover from Godsgrave. I hope it turns out to be a good book ::)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good week! Hope you enjoy your current read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to get around to reading the Nevernight series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the look of all of them especially Godsgrave.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks lie you had a good week when it came to books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turning Darkness into Light looks interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post it looks like you had a great reading week, thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete