Sunday 18 November 2018

Mythothon Mid Month Check In

In November I am taking part in a month long readathon called the Mythothon. 

mythothonheader.png

Full details can be found over on @Foxesfairytale's blog at https://foxesfairytale.wordpress.com/2018/10/02/mythothon-sign-ups/

As we are around half way through the month I thought I would check in and let you know how I'm getting on so far. 

On a normal month I usually manage to read an average of 3-5 books. As it stands at halfway through November I have already read 6 books which is great and I hope this pace continues into the second half of the month. 

Here are the books I've read so far for the Mythothon and the prompts I've completed. 



Zeus. King of the Gods. God of the Sky. Read a book at least 400 pages long. Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff 

Echidna. Mother of Monsters. Read a book about monsters – dragons, zombies, serial killers etc. Frankenstein in Baghdad by Ahmed Saadawi

Persephone. Goddess of the Underworld and Springtime. Read a book which is less than 200 pages. The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe (Little Black Classic)

Apollo. God of Prophesy, Plague and Poetry. Read a collection of poetry or short stories. The Beginning of the World in the Middle of the Night by Jen Campbell

Gaia. Primordial Earth Goddess. Read a book which was published at least 5 years ago. The Robber Bridegroom by The Brothers Grimm (Little Black Classic)

Dionysus. God of Wine. Celebrate this year by reading a 2018 release. The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo

No bingo's as of yet but hopefully I'll be able to get one in the second half of the month. If your interested in any of these books keep an eye on my blog as I will be reviewing them all of the course of the month. 

Are you taking part in the Mythothon? How are you doing so far? 







8 comments:

  1. A month long readathon - wow thats a great idea. I'm constantly struggling to find time:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm a read-a-thon that would take a month. I do not know if I have that kind of determination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tend to get some of these confused...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive reading so far! Looks like a very cool readathon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you do well, I don't do readathons as my TBR list (all books from authors and publishers) is too big - over 100 awaiting, so I don't have time. Hopefully one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks so fun. There are so many challenges I would love to take part in but haven't the time. Good luck and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete