Wednesday 14 November 2018

Top 5 Wednesday - Books you want to read before 2019

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme where you discuss your 'top 5' in a variety of different topics on, guess what, a Wednesday. Full list of topics and more information can be found here on the Goodreads group. 

This weeks topic is books you want to get to before 2019. For this topic I'm going to refer back to a post I did right at the beginning of the year of my most anticipated releases which can be found here. Out of the 8 books on that list I've only read one, oops! However, I do own 5 more of them so these are the books I'd like to get to by the end of the year. 

Shadow Song by S. Jae-Jones


I loved Wintersong and this came on right back in January so I have no idea why I haven't read this one yet. 

The Hazel Wood by Melissa Albert


I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this for review from NetGalley. I also own the physical copy and I haven't read either yet. 

State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury 


I loved the Sin Eaters Daughter trilogy I know I'll love this one too. 

Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi


I loved how diverse this one sounded I think it was the size that was putting me off as it's quite a long one. 

Legendary by Stephanie Garber

36515061

This was my most anticipated read of the year so I have no excuse for not reading this one yet. It's currently on my Mythothon TBR for November so hopefully I'll get to it very soon if I haven't already. 

What books are you hoping to read before the end of the year? Have you managed to get to any of your most anticipated releases of the year yet? I'd love to know. 





18 comments:

  1. Legendary is still on my TBR and I would like to read Hazel Wood as well, but doubt that will happen this year. Children of Blood and Bone was fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of people have told me CoBaB is great hopefully I can get to it next month.

      Delete
  2. Children of Blood and Bone is a good one

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not read any of them but they all look wonderful. Might have to add a few to my TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend Caraval and Wintersong. The first in the series to Legendary and Shadowsong.

      Delete
  4. Children of Blood and Bone is on my TBR as well! I hope you get to all of these before the year is up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am such a slug - haven't read any of these

    ReplyDelete
  6. COBAB and The Hazel Wood were amazing!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts once you read them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. the size of children of blood and bone puts me off aswell although ive got it and im dying to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Children of Blood and Bone is my January book club read!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to read some of these! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Children of Blood and Bone is great!

    ReplyDelete