Saturday 8 December 2018

Book Lovers 2018 YE Tag

Marcia over at the blog Trendy Simple Life created a book tag that looks back over your year of reading and what your planning to read next year. I came across hers and enjoyed reading her answers, you can do the same here, and thought I'd give it a go myself. 

Here are the questions and my answers...

The three best books you read in 2018 (all 5 stars).

35181811  23395680  33294200

These are the only three 5 star books I've read this year so far, there's still the rest of December to hope for another. I have however, read quite a few 4 and 4.5 star reads that are high up on my list so please check back when I post my top books of the year where I will talk about these in more detail. 

Did you have any books that were DNF? If so which ones?

Nope. I tend not to DNF books as I feel like if I start I need to finish and this is something I need to get better at doing because life's too short to read books you don't enjoy. That being said I only read one book this year rated lower than 3 stars so maybe I'm getting better and refining my tastes. 

What are your 3 most anticipated books of 2019?

26032887  36307634  40381392

All three of these are squeals or continuations of series. As you can see The Cruel Prince was one of my 5 star reads so obviously I can't wait for The Wicked King. I loved The Grisha Trilogy and Nikolai was one of my favourite characters so a series following him is a must read. Caraval was one of my favourite reads of 2016 and, I have to admit, I still haven't read Legendary but that doesn't stop me being excited for Finale. 

Have you completed your personal reading challenge? If so what are you reading now until the end of the year?

No I haven't completed it yet and I don't think I will. Currently I'm reading my 38th book of the year and I was hoping to read 50, which I can normally do easily. However, this year I took a big reading break between January and May. This was the first 5 months of my pregnancy and I was getting really tired very quickly and struggling to find time to read. I don't mind not completing my reading challenge this year though. I'm back into my reading groove and enjoying what I read so I'm not going to put pressure on myself. 

What genre did you read this year that you hope to read more in 2019?

Out of my three 5 star reads two were genres I don't read much of and they were YA sci-fi and YA contemporary. So hopefully I'll branch out a bit more into these genres next year. 

How's your reading list for 2019?

My goal for December was to catch up on my review books and my NetGalley books so I will continue this into 2019 and hope that I can stay on top of these. I'd also like to work on getting through some of my backlist TBR books. Maybe I'll aim to read 2 a month or something depending on how many books I have for review. 

So that's it for the Book Lovers 2018 YE Tag. As for who I tag, I invite anyone who reads this to take part as I really enjoyed looking back on my reading year and making some plans for next year. 

If you do take part please let me know as I'd love to read your answers. 


16 comments:

  1. I managed to beat my self set good reads challenge. I have about 12 books that are tours or due to be released before Christmas and I have read a couple of those. I have a large family so life gets very busy and I have timed the tours to end just in time. (easier for me as I have adult children and grandchildren.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on track with my goal of 400, currently at 387

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I am in awe of your ability to read so much.

      Delete
  3. I am getting my feet wet with YA and I am trying to get my library finds done. I did complete my challenge for Goodreads with many books to spare.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some top quality YA out there. Congratulations on completing your reading challenge.

      Delete
  4. I'm going to try and add a few YA novels to my last for 2019. We'll see:) The Wicked King looks good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm super excited for that one. I really enjoyed the first book The Cruel Prince it was one of my 5 star reads this year.

      Delete
  5. This is a great TAG!!! I'm currently working on my YA edition article of 2019 releases I'm looking forward to. It's promising to be a great release year, yay!

    ReplyDelete

  6. I love this tag. In fact, I have only had a couple of blog posts. Tough days. Anyway, this seems like something I would love to emulate today. I am about six or seven books ahead of my goal, so I am pleased about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to reading your answers. Well done on beating your reading goal.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for "tagging" along. I loved The Cruel Prince and can't wait for the Wicked King to come out! I'll have to check out your other choices.
    https://trendysimplelife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed reading your post. Will have to check some of these books.

    ReplyDelete