Wednesday 19 December 2018

Top 5 Wednesday - Most anticipated releases of 2019

Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme where you discuss your 'top 5' in a variety of different topics on, guess what, a Wednesday. Full list of topics and more information can be found here on the Goodreads group. 

This weeks topic is your top 5 most anticipated releases of 2019. I will be doing a fully comprehensive most anticipated releases post nearer to the end of the year but for now I will let you know the 5 I am most excited for. 


The Wicked King by Holly Black 
release date January 8th 2019

26032887

I loved The Cruel Prince, it was one of my top books of this year (spoiler for a later post) so of course this one was going to make the list. 

King of Scars by Leigh Bardugo 
release date January 29th 2019

36307634

A book set in the Grishaverse about one of my favourite characters yes please!

Finale by Stephanie Garber
release date May 7th 2019

40309049

Loved Caraval, still haven't read Legendary but I know I going to need this one. 

The Tyrant's Tomb by Rick Riorden 
release date September 24th 2019

The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)

I love Rick Riorden and all of his books automatically end up on my most anticipated list. I still need to catch up with this series but hopefully I can do that before this one comes out. 

Kingsbane by Claire Legrand 
release date May 21st 2019

40523458

I read and really enjoyed Furyborn this year so I am really looking forward to the sequel. 

Next year seems to be a really great year for book releases so it was really hard to narrow this down to 5 but I did it! A lot of sequels that I'm looking forward to but I am excited for some debuts too. Check back nearer to the end of the year for my full list. 

What books are you excited for? Let me know and I might add them to my list. 



10 comments:

  1. I loved the Percy Jackson series and will definitely be reading more Rick Riordan in 2019.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really exciting books to look forward to! Personally, I am looking very much forward to "Miracle Creek" by Angie Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to complete my review pile. I'm not anticipating any releases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg I haven't even read the 2nd book of Caraval yet but I'm also excited with the last one. Furyborn, Trials of Apollo and The Cruel Prince are also on my tbr but I can't find the time to read them yet. They might be good because you're anticipating their sequels. King of Scars is also on my tbr. 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. And each had a beautiful cover

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never read a book by Holly Black but The Wicked King has had me intrigued since day one :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've literally never read any of the previous books to any of these series haha I've been meaning to read Furyborn but haven't gotten around to it yet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not heard of a couple of them before. I also haven't read any of them. They all look good though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually don’t really have antupated books for next year as I already have 58 titles through August downloaded or on my shelves from publishers. Among those I will push some through early as they are either from favorite authors or are from series that I am following.

    ReplyDelete