Wednesday 17 April 2019

Top 5 Wednesday - Favourite SFF Booktubers


Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme where you discuss your 'top 5' in a variety of different topics on, guess what, a Wednesday. Full list of topics and more information can be found here on the Goodreads group.

This weeks topic is a crossover topic from the Booktube SFF Awards and we will be discussing our favourite SFF Booktubers. Bookbloggers and IG's are allowed too but they have to focus mainly on SFF books. 

I love watching Booktube, and SFF is my favourite genre so I have a lot of Booktubers who read this genre in my subscription list, Since I've been blogging and using Twitter I have also discovered some great SFF bloggers so I'm going to be sharing some of my favourites with you here. I will try and link to any blogs or Booktube channels that I mention. 

Sam from Thoughts on Tomes


Thoughts on Tomes was one of the first SFF Bookstubers I started watching and I still really enjoy her videos. She has a really concise but detailed way of discussing books which I really like. Shes also the founder of the Top 5 Wednesday meme so that's great too. 

Becca from Becca and the Books


I've only recently discovered Becca's channel and I really enjoy listening to her discuss the books she reads, I especially like her vlogs. I also like that she reads a lot of back list stuff and not just the popular new releases. I also love her Bookopoly TBR videos, they're very unique. 

Justine from I Should Read That


Justine is another new Booktuber that I've discovered recently. Again I like how detailed her videos are and I often find my TBR pile grows after watching her videos. 

Holly from Holly Hearts Books


Holly mainly reads adult SFF and this is something that I'm getting into more and more so I love getting some recommendations. She also has a great sense of humour that comes across in her videos. 

TBR and Beyond


I discovered this blog via the blogger support Facebook group that I'm part off and I really enjoy reading their posts. They also have a fantastic Facebook group that I'm part of and they hold lots of fun read-a-longs, author interviews and reading challenges. 

So these are my top 5 SFF Booktubers and Bloggers at the moment. 

I'd love to hear if you have any recommendations of great Booktubers and Bloggers that read a lot of SFF as I'm always looking for more. 


8 comments:

  1. I am far too lazy and self-conscious to be a Booktuber!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly don’t watch a lot of YouTube!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t watch YouTube �� great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not a YouTube person, but cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I rarely watch You Tube. I do sometimes wonder if it's an age thing. My kids watch gaming videos but watching videos just doesn't interest me I'd rather read a review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I don't watch too much Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i keep thinking i should maybe start one for my blog.. but just can't get around to really doing it.. but i do know the bloggers you mention and enjoy their blogs :)

    ReplyDelete