Monday 20 May 2019

Recent Book Haul

Some of you may have noticed that I have stopped doing my regular Mailbox Monday post as I haven't been receiving as many books as I have done before. That being said I have still bought a few books and been sent some from publishers so I thought I would share these with you here. 


Books I received from publishers/authors

       
 

One Word Kill by Mark Lawrence - I received this one from the author. It came out the beginning of this month, I've already read it and really enjoyed it. 

Step Sister by Jennifer Donnelly - I received this one from the UK website Readers First. It also comes out this month and is next on my TBR. 

The Girl in Red by Christina Henry - I received this one from the publisher, Titan Books. It comes out in June. 

The Beckoning Shadow by Katharyn Blair and A Dress for the Wicked by Autumn Krause - I received these from the publisher, Harper Collins. They come out in July and Autumn respectively. 

Books I bought


Frozen Charlotte by Alex Bell - After reading and loving Alex Bell's most recent book I really wanted to pick up some more of her work. This one I picked up in a book trade on Facebook. 

Finale by Stephanie Garber - I pre-ordered this one as I had to have a first edition with the hidden cover to match my other books in this series. My local Waterstones also managed to get me a signed edition!

Half a King by Joe Abercrombie - I've been really enjoying adult fantasy recently and I've heard great things about this author. This is another one I picked up in a book trade on Facebook. 

So they are all the books I have received recently which isn't as many as normal which I'm pleased about as my TBR is getting a little bit out of control. 

What books have you received recently?

Have you read any of these that you would recommend?










6 comments:

  1. You have a great looking selection there. It is always so great to get a signed book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books look great. Lovely photos too. I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Several of these covers caught my eye. I look forward to your thoughts on them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great haul! I really liked Frozen Charlotte but boy was a it a messed up one! Jealous of the Christina Henry one! Happy Reading!

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete