Wednesday 22 May 2019

Top 5 Wednesday - Emerald Covers


Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme where you discuss your 'top 5' in a variety of different topics on, guess what, a Wednesday. Full list of topics and more information can be found here on the Goodreads group.

This weeks topic is emerald covers in celebration of May's birthstone, the emerald. I struggled with this one a little bit, I can't think of many books I've read or want to read with emerald covers so I may have cheated a little and some of these covers are just green. 


This was the first book that came to mind when I saw this weeks topic. I don't think the photo does this cover justice, it really is beautiful and emerald. I've heard mixed things about this one but the premise really intrigues me so I do want to pick it up. 

33958230

Another one on my TBR that I would like to read very soon. This one I have heard great things about though. 

12558285

This is another TBR pick. I don't usually like covers with people on them but for some reason all of A.G. Howard's covers really appeal to me. 

The Sea of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2)

The UK cover of this book, which I've pictured, is actually really shiny in real life and does remind me a little bit of emeralds. I love all of Rick Riorden's books and this one is the 2nd in the Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief series. 

21936988

Okay so this one may be more green than emerald but hey ho. I actually only gave this book 3.5* but the series overall is fantastic. The books get so much better as you go. If you've read this one and feel a bit meh about it I would recommend continuing. 

So there are my 5 picks for emerald *cough* covers. Have you read any of these books? 

Are their any books with emerald covers that you would recommend?



9 comments:

  1. I love the colour green and especially Emerald. Those covers looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read any of these - thanx for the info

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of breaking down best books by cover color! I was just thinking it looked like a green cover summer, too, with all the new releases.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Percy Jackson is a great series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Emerald covers, especially when they pair them with gold. It looks so fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. All these are new to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. only read Percy Jackson one, Gilded Wolves I never got around to reading that one but hope to soon.. the rest are new..
    love the emerald covers

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great covers. I really do need to check out the Percy Jackson series.

    ReplyDelete