Saturday 1 June 2019

June TBR A Game of Booksathon

This month, alongside the LQBTQIA+ challenge over at TBR and beyond, I'll also be taking part in A Game of Booksathon. This is a great sounding Game of Thrones themed readathon created by Noura over at The Perks of Being Noura. The readathon has 3 parts and part one, which this TBR is for, runs from June 1st - July 1st. You also get the opportunity to pick a house for the duration of this readathon and of course I'm going with House Stark. If you want to find out more about this readathon and the challenges you can check out Noura's post here

I'm not going to do a complete TBR for this readathon because I'm also taking part in a LGBTQIA+ reading challenge over at TBR and Beyond so I want to double up on books. Also, I have some ARCs I need to fit in this month so for now I'll list the challenges and any books I know I'm definitely going to read. I will do a mid month check in though so you can follow my progress. 

Game of Thrones: A first book in a series/trilogy
The Written by Ben Galley

House Targaryen: Book with a mythical creature or dragons

Daenerys: Book featuring a strong female character
The Girl in Red by Christina Henry

Westeros: Book set in a fictional place

House Tyrell: Book with a plant on the cover or a green cover

House Stark: Book that has a family dynamic or siblings

House Lannister: Book with a red cover
The Girl in Red by Christina Henry

House Greyjoy: Book with pirates or a book set at sea

House Baratheon: Book with a King or Queen/royalty

A Clash of Kings: Sequel
Limited Wish by Mark Lawrence

Wildlings: Paranormal 

As much as I would love to read a book for each of the 11 challenges, realistically I don't think I'll be able to so the level I'm aiming for is Noble: 4-7 challenges. I'm hoping to meet as many challenges as possible and Noura has said you can double up with challenges so I'll definitely be doing that.

What books are on your TBR for June? Let me know.




7 comments:

  1. Love me some Game of Thrones. I need to read the books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All new to me - I am so out of touch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems like a fun challenge! I'm with you though, I doubt I'd be able to complete 11 challenges, but best of luck to you with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great challenge. Good luck! I hope you have a great week ahead.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete