Monday 10 June 2019

The Bookshelf Book Tag


I saw this tag over at A Rambling Reviewer, you can see their answers here, and thought it sounded like a really fun one. 

I am excited to share my answers with you so sit back and relax whilst I share my bookshelves with you. 

Describe your bookshelf and where you got it from. 


I have two of these solid pine bookshelves either side of my fireplace. They're from a local furniture shop, but I bought mine second hand as they're expensive. 

How do you organise your books?

My books are currently organised by genre and author surname. However, this does tend to change depending on how many books I have come into the house over periods of time. 

What's the longest book on your shelf?


Winter by Marissa Meyer comes in at 823 pages.

What is the shortest book on your shelf?


This cute copy of Another Night Before Christmas by Carol Ann Duffy comes in at 39 pages.

Is there a book you received as a birthday gift?


I don't really have many books at gifts, I have so many books people tend not to buy me them. I did however get a bookish gift card for my birthday and I used that to buy my copy of Finale by Stephanie Garber.

Is there a book from a friend on your shelf?

Unfortunately not. I don't really have many bookish real life friends to share books with. 

The most expensive book on your shelf.


I tend to pick up most of my books either second hand or discounted but my Harry Potter collection I bought new. 

The last book you read on your shelf. 

Nevermoor by Jessica Townsend isn't the last book I read but it is the last book I read that I put back on my shelves. I don't tend to keep a lot of the books I read, only series or books I really enjoyed. 

Do you have a complete series?



Yes several. Here are some of my favourites. 

What's the newest addition to your shelf?


The Bedlam Stacks by Natasha Pulley was definitely an impulse buy from one of my local charity shops. I don't really know what it's about but I'd heard of the author and loved the cover.

What is the oldest book on your shelf?


As I said before I don't tend to keep many books that I've read. I have however, kept all of my Rick Riorden collection. My oldest being the original Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. 

What is the most beat up book on your shelf?


Probably Cress and Winter by Marissa Meyer, I bought them second hand because I was desperate to finish the series. Maybe someday I'll update them with some nice hardbacks. 

What's a book you would hate to let out of your sight?

Any of the books I haven't read yet or any of my favourite series I want to keep. I often pass books on to others that I've finished with but they're usually ones I wasn't planning on putting back onto my shelf.

Most pristine book?

I have a lot of books that I haven't read yet that I bought new, to many to list. 

Any signed books?


I don't have many actually. I was kindly sent One Word Kill by Mark Lawrence by the author and he signed and personalised it for me. Also my copy of Finale is signed too. 

So there we have it, I hope you enjoyed seeing a bit more about my bookshelves.

I'd love to see some of you do this tag. Please let me know if you take part. 





6 comments:

  1. I like this tag! My bookcases are a mess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice book shelves. Mine are quite boring although they are colour co-ordinated (So all white books together, etc) so they look better than they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great tag, my books are messy and all over the house

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo journey of your bookshelf!

    ReplyDelete