Wednesday 12 June 2019

Top 5 Wednesday - Auto-Buy Authors


Top 5 Wednesday is a weekly meme where you discuss your 'top 5' in a variety of different topics on, guess what, a Wednesday. Full list of topics and more information can be found here on the Goodreads group.

Sam, who hosts Top 5 Wednesday, is on hiatus for the summer so for the next few months any top 5 Wednesday posts I do will be based on previously archived topics. This week I have decided to talk to you about my top 5 auto-buy authors. 

Rick Riorden

Image result for percy jackson books

I love Rick Riorden, he is my favourite author alongside J.K. Rowling. I own nearly all of his books and I will continue to buy anything he writes! 

Marissa Meyer

Image result for lunar chronicles books

I really loved The Lunar Chronicles but my favourite book from Marissa is definitely Heartless. I still need to read the Renegades series very soon. 

Holly Black

Image result for the cruel prince series

There's still a lot of books by Holly Black that I need to read but everything I've read so far I've loved. My favourites are definitely The Cruel Prince and The Wicked King. I can't wait for The Queen of Nothing. 

Jay Kristoff

Image result for illuminae series

Jay Kristoff is a fairly new author to me and so far I've only read the Illuminae series and Nevernight but I gave them all 5 stars! I really need to continue with the Nevernight series. 

Dan Brown

Image result for robert langdon series

Dan Brown holds a special place in my heart because The Da Vinci Code was the first book I read that made me discover my love for this genre. I have since read all of his books, including his most recent, and I will continue to do so. 

I probably have a lot more authors in my repertoire that I could class as auto-buy authors but these are definitely 5 of my top ones. 

Which authors will you always buy books from? I'd love to hear about them. 






9 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Dan Brown but all the others are fave of mine as well!!!

    www.tbrandbeyond.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of most of these authors but haven't read anything from them. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read anything by Dan brown in a while. I don't know why but I ended up reading the Davinci Code but never finished the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never actually read Dan Brown - I need to get on that...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried to read Dan Browns book's but failed. My hubby loves them though so I leave it to him to read and review them for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ive never read from dan brown but currently reading lunar series and hoping the read the cruel prince soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loveee Rick Riordan and Jay Kristoff! Definitely must buy authors for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not read any of these authors yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been a long time since I read a Dan Brown, though he was on my auto buy a while ago.

    Gayathri @ Elgee Writes

    ReplyDelete