Monday 29 July 2019

August TBR N.E.W.Ts Magical Readathon

In April I managed to complete all of my O.W.Ls for the Magizoologist career and up next is the N.E.W.Ts. For the Magizoologist you need to read 7 books which is doable for me, especially now that I'm on summer holidays from school. 

I'm not going to be too strict with this TBR, so I may change it up as I go through the month but I thought I would give you some idea of some of the things I would like to read. 

Care of Magical Creatures 
Acceptable: Book title that starts with the letter A, for Aragog. 
A Dress for the Wicked by Autumn Krause 

Exceeds Expectations: A book under 300 pages. 
All the Things We Do in the Dark by Saundra Mitchell

Outstanding: Grab onto Fawkes tail - A book with a bird on the cover. 
The Sacrifice Box by Martin Stewart 

Charms
Acceptable: Read a book you think has a gorgeous cover.
The Bone Garden by Heather Kassner 

Exceeds Expectations: Read a comic/graphic novel/manga (or a book under 150 pages). 

Herbology 
Acceptable: Mandrake - Listen to an audiobook (if not green on the cover). 
The Edge by Tim Lebbon

Exceeds Expectations: Read a book between 350 and 390 pages. 
The Good Luck Girls by Charlotte Nicole Davis 

As I've said these books are subject to change as I really need to prioritise my review copies but I'd like to get to as many of these as I can. 

You may notice I've left the graphic novel prompt blank as I don't read graphic novels so I don't really know what to read so I'd love some recommendations if you have some. 

What are you planning on reading in August? Let me know. 



6 comments:

  1. I haven't read any of these. Will need to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not read any of your choices. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so going to do the O.W.L. & N.E.W.T.S. readathon next year because I really love the sound of it, plus it looks so much fun as well. Good Luck on your N.E.W.T.S. readathon Gemma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a cute readathon! I've never participated in the OWL or NEWTS challenges, but both are tempting.

    ReplyDelete