Monday 1 July 2019

June Wrap Up

This has been my worst reading month so far this year. I returned to work this month after maternity leave so there has definitely been a drop in my reading and my blogging as I try and find a good balance between home/organising child/work. 

Overall I read 3 books and I am 75% of the way through a forth. I also took part in the A Game of Booksathon this month and, because we were able to use multiple prompts for books, I was able to complete 5 prompts. 

The Greatest Show Of All

The Greatest Show of All by Jane England
Published 15th October 2016 by Barrington Stoke Ltd. 
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 33/50

10754265

The Written by Ben Galley
Published 1st January 2011 by BenGalley.com
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 32/50
Review - Blog Review

A Game of Booksathon prompts
Game of Thrones - The first book in a series
House Targaryen - A book with mythical creatures or dragons

The Girl in Red

The Girl in Red by Christina Henry 
Published 18th June 2019 by Titan Books
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 34/50
Review - Blog Review

A Game of Booksathon prompts
Daenerys - A strong female main character
House Stark - A book with a family dynamic or siblings
House Lannister - A book with a red cover

Hopefully July will be a bit more successful for me. The UK school summer holidays starts half way through July so I should be able to get some more reading in when I'm not at work. 

How many books did you read in June? Which was your favourite?


10 comments:

  1. Life does tend to get in the way of your reading. I'm sure it will pick up. The three you read look good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your transition goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read 11 book, PJ and the battle of labyrinth was my favourite of this month...Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always tough to balance blogging/ reading and life. I've seen so many amazing reviews for that Ben Galley book lately. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 3 books is still admirable, especially for anyone juggling work, social lives, and parenthood along with it! I just do the first two and I have trouble reading more than 4 or 5 books a month. May you find some balance in July! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reading 3 books is still a good month. Reading any books makes for a good month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. catch up on sleep first then you can catch up on reading - the books will always be there for you

    ReplyDelete
  8. i did manage a bit of reading .. it is the reviewing i have to catch up on.. :) but any reading is good in my opinion.. and like DJ says, sleep is most important as i am learning

    ReplyDelete
  9. You did well considering the work pressure going on currently. I am in a similar condition and still have to catch up on my reviews

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope July is a better reading month for you!

    ReplyDelete