Wednesday 3 July 2019

The Mid-Year Book Freak Out Tag


I've seen this tag absolutely everywhere, all over Twitter and Youtube and I've loved reading/watching other peoples answers so much that I decided to do it for myself. I'm not sure who the original creator of this tag is, if you know please let me know so I can credit them, but whoever you are, thank you!

How much have you read this year?

So far this year I've read 34 books. My Goodreads goal is set at 50 so I'm over halfway there, hopefully I can make my goal this year. 

Best book you've read so far in 2019?

40379447. sy475

I loved this book! I was a little bit intimidated before I started it because of the size but I needn't of worried, it was really immersive and compelling. 

Best sequel you've read so far in 2019?

35213102. sy475

Jay Kristoff has definitely become one of my favourite authors this year and this has turned out to be one of my favourite series of all time. 

New releases you haven't read yet, but what to. 

39071288. sy475   King of Scars (Nikolai Duology, #1)

These are two books I was highly anticipating and bought on release day but haven't picked up yet. I actually want to reread the series that these books are part of which is why I haven't got round to them yet. 

Most anticipated release for the second half of 2019.

43575115. sy475

I loved The Night Circus when I read it a few years ago and I've been waiting for Erin Morgenstern's next book for a long time!

Biggest disappointment. 

17262294

I was really looking forward to this one. There was so much about it that I thought I would love and the cover is beautiful but unfortunately it missed the mark for me. 

Biggest surprise.

42268614. sy475

I was excited to pick this one up but also a bit wary because I'd never really read any adult fantasy before but I actually really enjoyed it. 

New favourite author (debut or new to you).

For me, this year, Jay Kristoff has definitely made his way up there with my favourite authors. I finished up the Illuminae series earlier on this year and I read Nevernight and I gave them all 4.5-5 stars. 

Underrated gems you've discovered recently.

All the Lonely People  29239189. sy475   43442435. sy475

I read and enjoyed all three of these this year. The first two getting a 4 star rating and the last getting a 5 star. All of these have under 200 ratings on Goodreads so I think they need more love. 

Rereads this year.

None yet. I have a few series I'd like to reread but we'll see if I get to them. 

Book that made you cry. 

None. I don't tend to cry in books but All the Lonely People by David Owen definitely gave me the feels. 

Book that made you happy. 

Again there isn't really a specific book that made me happy. All of the books I've read and enjoyed this year have made me happy in some way. 

Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received). 

39071288. sy475

This whole series is beautiful and even better by copy of Finale is signed. 

Goals for the rest of the year. 

To complete my Goodreads goal. 
To continue to take part in reading challenges and the community. I'm hoping to complete my NEWTs in August and I love the reading challenges over at TBR and Beyond.
To read and review all of my 2019 ARCs. 

Sorry this tag is a little bit late. I was hoping to do it in June, halfway through the year, but June has been a really crazy month for me. 

I'd love to read your answers if you've done this tag, if not let me know what your reading goals are for the end of the year. 



7 comments:

  1. What a fun tag! You’re not too late, you’re right on time ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tag! I need to check out some of these books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never too late to freak out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag. I've not read any of your choices. I agree about the cover of your biggest disappointment it really is a lovely cover. Shame it didn't work for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books. But it seems like you are having a good year so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great tag. Your choices are all new to me.

    ReplyDelete