Saturday 2 November 2019

September and October Wrap Up

Over the past couple of months my reading has slowed down dramatically. Over the months of September and October I have only read 7 books across the two months which is a lot less than I had been (I'm looking at you 13 books in August)! I think this is combination of being back at work full time after the summer holidays and being in a bit of a dreaded reading slump. 

Because of these things I have also slowed down with my blog, only posting reviews of books I received from publishers, and that is why there was no September wrap up. However, I feel like I'm coming out the other side of this blip now so here I am bringing you a combined wrap up of all of the books I've read in the months of September and October. 

46904842. sx318

Invisible in a Bright Light by Sally Gardner
Published 17th October 2019 by Head of Zeus
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 54/50 
Review - Blog Review

39462537. sy475

Evermore by Sara Holland
Published 3rd January by Orchard Books
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 55/50

43263556

The Nightjar by Deborah Hewitt
Published 5th September by Pan Macmillan
Star Rating - ***
Goodreads Challenge - 56/50
Review - Blog Review

44791629

The Remaking by Clay McLeod Chapman
Published 8th October 2019 by Quirk Books
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 58/50
Review - Blog Review

Daughter of the Pirate King (Daughter of the Pirate King, #1)

Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller
Published 28th February 2017 by Feiwel Friends
Star Rating - ****
Goodreads Challenge - 57/50

39281503. sy475

Darkdawn by Jay Kristoff
Published 5th September 2019 by HarperVoyager 
Star Rating - 
Goodreads Challenge - 59/50

36481352. sy475

Godsgrave by Jay Kristoff
Published 18th June 2018 by Harper Collins
Star Rating - *****
Goodreads Challenge - 53/50

Not a bad couple of reading months ratings wise but not great quantity wise. Hopefully the rest of the year will be better. 

I'm really pleased to have finished out the Nevernight Chronicles this month though definitely a series I would recommend. What was your favourite read of the month?








10 comments:

  1. Love the wrap up! Haven't read most of those books, but they all sound nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great wrap up. I hope the rest of your reads this year are more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice choices. I've only read one of your books. Hope November is a great reading month too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these but most of them are on my TBR. Great wrap-up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! way to crush your good reads challenge! I'll have to check out your review of Evermore!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great wrap up. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post and great wrap-up it looks like you had a great reading months in September and October. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you have had some good reading lately.

    ReplyDelete
  9. All new to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete