Saturday 30 June 2018

Favorite Books of the Year (so far!)

So as we have reached the middle of the year (how!?) I'd thought I'd share with you some of my favorite books of the year so far. Usually I would pick 5-10 of my top books so far however, so far this year I have only read 10 books because of my massive slump. So because of this I will only be choosing 3. So without further ado here are my top 3 books of the year so far. 


The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
Star Rating - *****

This is my only 5 star read of the year so far. I absolutely loved this book! It was deliciously dark and magical. Holly Black really does have a way with words and the worlds she creates just suck you in hook, line and sinker. Couple this with some fantastically morally grey characters that you can't help but love then you know you're in for a winner! 


To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo
Star Rating - ****.5

Another brilliant YA fantasy, there's definitely a theme with my reading at the moment! This was another one that was delightfully dark and fantastical. The writing was great and so was the world building. The characters really grew throughout this book too and that's something that I really love to read about. 


Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp
Star Rating - ****

This one really gave me all the feels and I felt several different emotions whilst I was reading it. It was very atmospheric as well as feeling quite thrilling and creepy in some parts and this made for quite an interesting reading experience. The writing was great, it was very emotive, and I admire the author for being able to evoke so many different feelings.  

So they were my top 3 reads of the year so far. I seem to be well and truly out so my slump now and I'm really enjoying by current fantasy binge so I hope this continues throughout the rest of the year. 




No comments:

Post a Comment