Thursday 2 January 2020

2019 Recap and 2020 Reading Goals

Another Happy New Year to you all! It doesn't feel so long ago that we were here discussing my reading and blogging goals for 2019 and now we're looking forward to 2020. 

I had a really positive reading year in 2019, I read a lot and enjoyed a lot of what I read. I was also pretty good at keeping up with my challenges and with blogging, even if I have got a bit lax in the last few months. 

In today's post I will be recapping my 2019 goals and looking at how I did and sharing with you all my goals for this year. 

Goodreads Goal

In 2019 I set my Goodreads goal to 50 books, as I usually do, and I'm pleased to say I managed to exceed this and I actually read 69 books. 

In 2020 I will be setting my goal to 50 books again and hopefully I'll manage to exceed this once more. 

Reading Challenges

Last year I signed up to the AtoZ Reading Challenge hosted by Ginger Mom and Company. I didn't manage to complete the whole alphabet but I did manage to read 19 letters and I'm really pleased with this, you can see my final wrap up post here. This challenge is happening again this year for anyone wishing to take part however, I'm choosing a different challenge for 2020. 

This year I'm taking part in the TBR and Beyond Yearly Reading Challenge which is hosted over on the TBR and Beyond Facebook group. My plan is to pick a couple of prompts out of a bag every month in the hope of encouraging me to get through my backlist TBR. Along with the yearly reading challenge TBR and Beyond also host monthly challenges and I plan to take part in as many of these as I can. 

Blogging Goals

In 2019 I set myself a blogging schedule where I planned to post regular content on a Monday, Wednesday, Friday and then one weekend day. I did really well with this schedule for most of the year and then I returned to work after maternity leave and my blogging time was severely limited. 

This year I'm not setting myself any super restrictive blogging goals as I know I'm not going to have a massive amount of time. I plan to regularly post a monthly TBR, reading wrap up and haul along with any reviews of books I received for review. If at any point I find myself with some extra time, such as the school holidays, then I'll schedule in some extra posts.  

Social Media Goals

I didn't have any of these last year but for 2020 I've decided to set myself the goal of being more active on social media. I actually spent quite a lot of time on Twitter and Facebook (too much probably) and I really want to become more active in the book communities on these platforms. 

So that's it. I'm really pleased with what I managed to achieve last year as it was definitely a busy year for me. Lets hope 2020 fairs just as well. 

What reading goals have you set yourself for this year? Did you manage to achieve everything you hoped to in 2019? I'd love to know. 




1 comment:

  1. Great Goals! One thing I find is that we sometimes put too much pressure on ourselves to either blog or read more. It should be a fun process not something that gives us anxiety. Hope you have a wonderful year

    ReplyDelete